CNC Shield V3 module allows you to build a engraving machine, 3D printer, mini CNC and other similar devices using your Arduino. It is designed as a shield and can plug on top of an Arduino requiring no external connections and wiring.
There are 4 slots on the CNC Shield V3 Module board for plugging in stepper motor drive module which can drive 1 stepper motor each. Controlling each step stepper motor requires only two IO pins on the Arduino. Just insert this Arduino CNC Shield V3.0 onto an Arduino UNO, and install the GRBL firmware, you can then quickly build a DIY CNC engraving machine.
- GRBL 0.9 compatible (Open source firmware that runs on an Arduino UNO that turns G-code commands into stepper signals)
- 4-Axis support (X, Y, Z , A-Can duplicate X,Y,Z or do a full 4th axis with custom firmware using
pins D12 and D13)
- 2 x End stops for each axis (6 in total)
- Coolant enable
- Uses removable A4988 compatible stepper drivers. (A4988, DRV8825 and others)(Not Included)
- Jumpers to set the Micro-Stepping for the stepper drivers. (Some drivers like the DRV8825 can do
up to 1/32 micro-stepping )
- Compact design.
- Stepper Motors can be connected with 4-pin Molex connectors or soldered in place.
- Runs on 12-36VDC. (At the moment only the DRV8825 drivers can handle up to 36V so please
consider the operation voltage when powering the board)